Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Revelation.

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth , and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Did you know, that the book of Revelation is the ONLY book in the bible that promises a special blessing for those who read and hear its words? The entire bible is a blessing, and yes we are blessed by every word. But only in the book of Revelation is it "promised". I don't know about you...but this makes me want to read it over and over again. This is not something I figured out on my own, although I wish I could take the credit. I have recently began reading the book "Revelation Unveiled" by Tim LaHaye and within the pages of this book, I am learning many new facts. I will share some of them here.

(The following is from the book, not my own words)

The book of Revelation completes the circle of bible truths. As the word of God, the Scriptures predictably reveal superb planning and organization. We see that clearly in the book of Revelation, for it completes the great truths begun in Genesis and in other passages of the bible. Here are some examples:

Genesis shows humanity's beginning in a beautiful paradise.
Revelation shows the wonderful paradise to come

Genesis shows how human beings lost a chance to eat of the tree of life
Revelation shows that humankind will yet eat of that tree

Genesis tells of humanity's first rebellion against God
Revelation promises an end to humanity's rebellion against God

Genesis records the first murderer, drunkard, and rebel
Revelation promises a city where "nothing impure will enter it"

Genesis reveals the tragic sorrow that resulted from sin
Revelation promises, "[God] will wipe every tear from their eyes"

Genesis records the first death
Revelation promises that "there will be no more death"

Genesis shows the beginning of the curse
Revelation shows the curse lifted

Genesis introduces the devil for the first time as the tempter of the human race
Revelation shows the final doom of Satan

Genesis promises that Satan's head will be bruised
Revelation shows Satan bruised and defeated




I hope this blesses you in a way that I've been blessed.

I hope this inspires you to begin reading the word daily.

1 comment:

Tre Bishop said...

Thank you so much for posting this Ms. Jennifer.I'm James and I"m a singer. I was just recently baptized,and I've been trying to find myself more and more in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ everyday. It is very hard some days but I'm getting through them still breathing, so that's a blessing within itself. If there's one thing I believe, it's that there is no such thing as coincidence, only divine design. I don't believe that me randomly finding your post was all that random. Again, thank you for your post, and may God continue to bless you and your family.