Friday, January 1, 2010

33 Things.

Well, on Dec 30th I turned 33! I can't believe how quickly my life has gone by now that I have graduated from high school. Those days always seemed to drag. One year seemed like ten! Anyway, it's been quite some time since I have posted anything (facebook will do that to you) so I am stealing someone else's idea by telling you 33random facts about myself. Not that you care to know them, but now that I have children, I never get to talk about myself. So this is a treat ;)

1. I share a birthday with Tiger Woods, Lebron James, and Matt Lauer.

2. I was almost a Jennifer Shelley. My granny suggested "Agatha".

3. When Joey and I got married, I didn't drop my middle or last name. So my SS card reads " Jennifer Kelly Horton Ammons"

4. I love Paula Deen and Beth Moore.

5. I love cookbooks, and trying new recipes. I especially love those cookbooks that "church ladies" put together. I have bought many from Ebay.

6. The only thing I collect are the large crystal ornaments that Swarovski puts out every year. I have 11 of them.

7. My family called me (and still do) Jennabug when I was growing up. My little brother and sister have called me "Jit Jit" since they were able to speak. The are now 19 and 21 years old.

8. I am the middle child of five. I have two sisters and two brothers.

9. I moved to Wildwood in February of 85. My first day of school was February 13. I was in the 2nd grade.

10. I consider myself an optimist. I'm also a procrastinator.

11. I use to think my eyes were purchased at Sears ( I really did)

12. I want to visit as many National Parks as I can before I die.

13. I really love the beach, or relaxing in a pool. There's nothing like feeling the hot sun on your skin.

14. When I was young, if you asked me my name I would say "Jennifer Kelly Horton come on down" thanks to watching too many episodes of "The Price Is Right"

15. I can throw a bait caster very well. No zebco needed here!

16. I love the Violin. I took lessons when Will was a baby. The timing was bad, and I didn't have the patience to learn. Maybe one day...

17. I love to read! I wish I made more time to do so.

18. I want to be a runner. I want to run marathons! I just have to train myself to do so. And I will very soon. Unfortunately, having children has weighed heavy on a certain part of my insides. So until that's under control, I have to take baby steps.

19. I have not had a speeding ticket in 12 years.

20. Both my pregnancies combined, I gained a total of 25 pounds.

21. I am THE most modest person I know.

22. I have some of the best friends you could imagine. And they are all like sisters to me. (Cyndi, Pam, Sherry, Jen, Krystal) I know any one of them would drop everything to be there for me, and I would do the same for them. I am so blessed! I have many friends...but those five girls are my very closest.

23. I have THE best brothers and sisters in the world! We all have a strong bond and we never fight. I love love love them!

24. My favorite quote is "Write your dreams in concrete and your plans in sand"

25. I graduated in May of 2001 from The University Of South Florida. It's one of my proudest moments.

26. I colored my hair for the first time this year! And I ONLY did because of all my gray hair! Now I have to do so every 8 weeks and it drives my crazy!

27. One day, I hope to become certified as a translator for the deaf. It's a passion of mine.

28. I love to sleep.

29. I wear, and love the products and make-up from Merle Norman.

30. If my house burned down tonight...I would only be sad about losing my pictures. I am grateful that I don't feel "attached" to possessions.

31. I love art. Especially oil on canvas pieces. I have three Thomas Kinkade's and about 6 misc pieces.

32. I truly think I could survive on liquids alone. Especially on sweet tea, Smoothie King and Starbucks.

33. I want to be known for something one day. Whether it's through and act or an invention. I think it's my destiny.

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

I love this post! My very favorite is #14. OMG I can just hear the words coming out of your mouth. I'm cryin. Thanks for the sweet comment including your BFF's. Every word is true. Love you so.

Deborah said...

we share the goal of seeing all the national parks before we die! actually i want to see all the national parks and visit each state before i die...have a long way to go! Thanks for telling us all about yourself! and happy b-day!

Jeanne said...

I'm diggin the 33 things. How fun to learn all that cool stuff about you!

The Magamolls said...

I looooove #18 but hate you for #20! Thanks for sharing - you are awesome :)

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch Georgia Bulldogs, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Georgia_Bulldogs-tickets looking forward to it.