Sunday, February 1, 2009

02-02-02

Tomorrow, February 2nd, Joey and I will celebrate 7 years of marriage. We were married on 02/02/02. I use to always say that I wanted to get married on Valentine's Day, but Valentine's Day was not on a Saturday in the year 2002.

Actually, there is a little history in the date we chose. I am funny with numbers, I count everything, and I am pretty good in math. So numbers are just kinda my thing. So here goes:

The number 8 in the bible represents "New Beginnings".
We were married on 02/02/2002 (Add up all the 2's and you get 8)
We were married at 5:30 (5 and 3 makes 8)
We dated for 8 years before we married
Our current home which is also our first home has the address 4642 (4+4) (6+2)
We live on County Road 116 (8)
The difference in our age is 20 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, and 2 hours (all 2's = 8)
The first movie we saw together was "8 Seconds"
The last movie we saw (in a theater) was "8 Below"

So now you think I'm weird right!!! Or you are thinking...man they never go to the movies! 8 seconds came out in 2006...OMG...that too equals 8!! Not planned I promise!

There are many more significant numbers that equal 8, but I can't seem to think of them. I'm sure you don't mind at this point :)

The past 7 years have been wonderful. I know without a doubt that Joey is God's "perfect will" for me. I have never doubted. Joey is my very best friend and is the most amazing husband and father. He is caring, thoughtful, considerate, and passionate about the things he believes in. He is overall a wonderful man. When I was a young girl, I prayed for one thing in regards to finding a husband...I prayed that God would bless me with a man that loved me as much as I loved him. If the love is there equally, all the other stuff falls into place. Thank you God for blessing me with a wonderful husband...I love him more today than I did 7 years ago.

Tomorrow night we are going to the Cheesecake factory. It's our favorite! We had planned on going to the beach this weekend but the Super Bowl messed up that plan. We like to go to the beaches in that area (Treasure Island in particular) but everything was booked with the Super Bowl being in Tampa...and the prices to stay were rediculous anyway! So we have decided to go away Valentine weekend instead...just me and Joey. I am really looking forward to it.

Well, you will hear from me again this week because we find out what we are having on Wednesday!!! I can't wait to find out, and tell you!

PS I consider the song playing "our song". This was also our "first dance song".

I love you Joey!!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the cool numbers thing! That's way too neat! :)

The Magamolls said...

Maybe that means you will have 8 kids! LOL! Congrats to both of you. I can't wait to find out what you're having!

Deborah said...

I hope you two had a wonderful anniversary dinner! The 8 thing is crazy! :) you'll have to do something REALLY special for your
8th anniversary next year!!

Cyndi said...

AWWWWWWW....lordy I get teary just hearing that song. it always makes me think of you two...my cousins. sigh.
congratulations your anniversary and many more! can't wait to hear from you today.
xoxoxoxo
cyndi