Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This is becoming funny....

On Monday, Joey and I went to my monthly check-up and I saw Dr. Moffett. I made it known that we didn't know the sex of the baby, and how the tech said girl. Moffett assured me, we would find out that day.

At first the baby had it's knees together, and feet tucked under it's bottom. Basically my child was in the worst possible position when trying to determine the sex. The baby opened it's legs and Moffett said, "I think that's a boy". What?! A boy?! I don't say that because I am disappointed...I am just confused. It's either a boy, or it's a girl...how hard can that be, right?!

Well, Moffett tried to get the baby to move. At one time, when the legs were open, the babys fingers were right in the spot we needed to look. Moffett said, "Well that's a sure sign that's it's a boy". Actually, Moffett only had 2 quick looks at my little one's private (that's sounds funny). And both times he felt pretty sure he saw boy parts. But he did say for us not to paint the room blue just yet.

So yes...the mystery continues. But to be honest, I do think Moffett will be right. I really do think I saw boy parts too, but the baby kept moving right when we thought we had a good view. My baby just wants to surprise us I guess :)

The good news is, Moffett is letting me come back next Wednesday for a quick ultrasound so I don't have to wait a whole month. Maybe then, I will be able to tell you for sure if we are expecting a boy...or girl.

3 comments:

The Russ Family said...

You have to have a lot of patience. The suspense would be killing me. :-) Usually when they see boy parts they don't go away. That is great of Dr. Moffett to allow you to come back next week. I will be praying that the baby cooperates. Drink caffeine!

Deborah said...

I hope you find out for sure next week!!

Cyndi said...

this is too funny. call or text me the minute you know....i mean before even wiping that goop off your belly. lol jk
can't wait to hear the news.