Thursday, February 5, 2009

We are having a.........

BABY!!!! Woohoo! That much we do know! But what we don't know is the sex of the baby. Is this child being stubborn in the womb? What does that mean for our future??? Yikes!

Actually, the ultrasound at Lake Medical Imaging went great. Everything about our baby looked just the way it should at this point...praise God! I have never cared if this baby was a boy or girl...I have just prayed healthy, and thriving. And "she" is. Did I just say "she"...well technically I don't truly know the sex of the baby...but the tech said she was going with a girl as her choice. The unbilical cord was lying perfectly between the baby's legs, making it hard to determine the sex. A few times the cord moved away slightly, but the tech still found it hard to get a real good view. She thought she saw girl parts, but was only 70% certain. As the tech walked me out of the room, she apologized and said "I feel defeated with this one".

So Joey and I don't want to think girl until we are certain. My next appt. with Dr. Moffitt is Monday February 16, which is less than 2 weeks away. I am hoping I will get a more definite answer on that visit...fingers crossed.

Well, I am feeling great now and have started "nesting" around the house. My house looks like the inside was hit by a hurricane...I am hoping to get things in order soon. We are changing Will's room and so far it looks real cool. Once it's done, I will take pics to share with you.

Well, I guess you will hear from me soon...maybe I will have better luck.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

i think it's a girl! hope you find out for sure on the 16th...the suspense would be killing me!! :)

Chrissy said...

Goodness! The suspense is killing me so I can imagine how you and Joey must feel!! Can't wait til the 16th! Keep us updated. :)

Jeanne said...

I know you're so excited! Are you feeling that baby move around yet? Oh how I miss that!

The Russ Family said...

I have been wondering. Mom said she saw you the other night. I'm sure it is a girl then. The suspense would kill me though. Drink some caffeine before your appointment so the baby will be moving around. Can't wait to find out for sure.