Friday, September 19, 2008

Scattered Thoughts

1. I am VERY bad about following through with prayers. It's a weakness I'm willing to admit...that's the first step in recovery, right? If people say, "keep me in your prayers"..I say "OK". Then I never pray for them. But I have made it a point (on my way to school in the mornings) to pray for the ones I have committed to. And for the ones I feel I should pray for. So if I told you I would pray for you....I really did! Just not right when I said I would.

2. I was in Angelotti's the other night and a young couple with 4 little ones walked in. They were an attractive young couple and I swear they looked familiar. I could tell they were very frustrated with the kids (and the kids weren't really being bad). The couple seemed very disconnected with each other too. I felt like I needed to make conversation with them, to see where they lived, maybe they needed a friend....I really felt strong about it. As we stood up and got ready to leave, Joey's mom asked if the 2 girls were twins. The mother pointed to her son and one of the girls and said they were the twins. I found out that the oldest two were 3 years old, the next girl was 2, and they had a 9 week old. Frustrated? Disconnected? Absolutely! Finding out the ages was the extent of the conversation. They had just received their food....the timing was bad. I WILL pray for them. I'd love to run into them again. Maybe I failed that test...

3. Yesterday morning, I was coming from another teachers classroom when I noticed one of my students walking with her mother. I was a bit of a distance away but I still threw my hand up and waved. When I got closer, the mother kind of laughed and said, "I thought you were a student". Nice!

4. We had 3 fights on campus today....and all were girls!

5. I went to the Wildwood/South Sumter game tonight. It felt like a class reunion! There were so many people there from Wildwood! The new coach has changed the school spirit around in that place!

6. Will's new favorite show is "Little Bear" on Noggin.

7. I got a new shirt today...this is what it says:

ANOTHER
small town*Religion clinging*Gun toting
AMERICAN WOMAN
who's voting for
Sarah Palin

5 comments:

Christy said...

You have such a kind heart! Thanks for all of your comments to mine, and girl the thought someone thought you were a student also will soon be one of the greatest compliments you recieve!
And about the shirt, where did you get it??? I want one!

Deborah said...

i can relate about dropping the "prayer" ball...it is a struggle but at least we are working at it right? i loved all your random, scattered thoughts...i felt like i was having a virtual conversation with you!

Hannah said...

I gotta have one of those shirts!! Where in the world did you find it! Do tell!!!
Do not beat yourself up about the family, you planted a seed and that is what is important. God might have just wanted you to pray for them at this point. Trust me if God wants another meeting between you and their family He will make all the arrangements! You have a good heart and that is just what the Lord looks at!

Jeanne said...

Isn't Little Bear the weirdest show. Josie loves that one, too. Sometimes it's a too dark for
me! :) Noggin is the best channel. And you do have such a tender heart, Jennifer! You know God just smiles so big when He's reading your blogs!

Denise said...

Love the shirt!! That's the best that you got mistaken for a student! I'll have to give Noggin a try. I'm hooked on the On-Demand shows so I play what I want when I want - so we watch a lot of Thomas and Bob the Builder. :)