Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ashamed...

I have to tell you this...I really love to read blogs. I have always enjoyed movies that were "based on a true story" so I think that's why I love blogs. Every once in awhile, I stumble upon a blog that really touches me.

Tonight, I found a beautiful story. And there is a video that goes with the story.

I feel so ashamed because in my mind I am thinking that what I'm going through is bad, then I see and hear all these other stories and think...my problem seems so small now.

I sometimes think we forget just how good we have it. Then a curveball comes our way and we swear it's the biggest battle of our lives. And in the moment, we probably do think that "nothing could possibly get any worse".

Yes, I do have a battle right now to overcome. And I pray that God will turn this battle around for his glory....I'm believing he will. But trust me when I say this battle of mine is NOTHING. It's NOTHING compared to the stories I read on other posts.

I thank God for everything I've been through. I feel so very blessed.

There are so many that would trade their storm for ours. I'm sure they would laugh at what we consider a battle. They have a right to say, "God, can it get any worse". Then later they realize why God allowed them to suffer through such a hard trial. Even in their hardest times...they still give God the glory...how amazing and admirable.

I hope this story touches you in the way it has touched me.

(you will need to pause my music so that you can hear the music that plays with the video)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2751713454484774875&pr=goog-sl

Family's Blog: http://www.marygracesummons.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

lori said...

I will watch it, and have you read the audrey caroline story. On my blog it's called "a must read"
Girl you will love it

Jeanne said...

Jennifer, that just makes me ache and makes me want to go wake up my babies and hold them. I do pray that God brings you through this pain a woman even closer to Him! I know He will! :)

Deborah said...

wow...i watched it at work and had to muster every ounce of strength i had to not bawl my eyes out. I noticed your profile says you're the mother of a "little one in heaven"...so am I...it was only 10 weeks when i miscarried though...nothing like what the summons family went through. but it makes me and you cherish our little boys so much more doesn't it? love you...and i'm thinking about you