Sunday, August 17, 2008

Women Of Faith Conference


Over the weekend, I attended the Women Of Faith Conference for the first time. I was with my two best friends (Cyndi & Pam) so that made it even better! Since I had never been, I had no idea what to expect. I was most excited about getting to hear Natalie Grant (my fav christian artist) live. I expected it to be good, but it was much more than that. The speakers there were: Patsy Clairmont, Marilyn Meberg, Sheila Walsh, & Allison Allen. The singers there were: Sandi Patty, Nicole C. Mullen, and Natalie Grant. If you are familiar with any of the names I listed, then you know it was a powerful service!

I walked away from the conference feeling bad about how I have handled different life situations. Although I cannot go back and correct the mistakes, I can say I learned from them and will make better choices in the future.

When I listened to each speaker, and singer, I could see their love for the Lord in their eyes. I have such a strong desire for people to see me the way I saw them. I live like I should (I really do!) but I know that I'm not completely "sold out". But the important thing is that I'm trying and I am now more conscious about each choice I make.

I am really excited about my Blog! It took me forever to come up with a Blog name. I got the idea from a scripture, so I will end this post with that scripture.

Psalms 32:7-8
7 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah 8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute to the Lord. The blog and most importantly your life and friendship that I cherish. You have always been my sister in christ, keeping me on track, as the Lord spoke through you when I needed to hear him. You girls haven't changed a bit, big smiles, so close and look exactly the same. You're so lucky to have ea. other. Today I went to church here next to our house for the first time since we moved here. God spoke to me. But, I want the boys to have a sunday school w/ children their age and this little, way-out-in the country church just can't provide that. SO, I'm headed back next sun. to the church that was there for me before I left WV. I pray that is what God is leading me to. It will be hard, so much happened to me there, and the whole church was there for me, and will be a reminder of the times I had, but, I pray this will be a new beginning. It's a drive but, I hope god will help provide the gas $. SO, I can go and get out of the house and fellowship and see logan blossom around other people. WE are needing that so baddly while he's young and impressionable. Please pray for us. And, I shall be doing the same for you all.

Anonymous said...

Also, I love Nicole Mullen. I can imagine how beautiful it was to hear her in person. I sang her song in church when I was in college at the beach in JAX. and a young paster asst.

Anonymous said...

youth paster asst. :)

Jeanne said...

Hey girl! You look good!!! I didn't even know you were blogging! I'll have to keep stopping by! Love you

lori said...

Hey Jennifer! Nice to see you here in blog land!!