Sunday, August 24, 2008

Uncle Donald's Farm













On Saturday, while I was at school in Lakeland, Joey took Will to a birthday party that was held at Uncle Donald's Farm. I really wanted to go, especially since it would be Will's first trip there. But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted it to be a father/son trip.

As mother's, we typically get to see things before daddy's do. I stayed home with Will until he was 18 months, so I was able to share many special moments and witness many "firsts". It's more fun to be there than to hear about the story second hand. But I'm not selfish about it; In fact I feel sorry for daddy's. So it's great when they get to tell us about an experience.

When I got home, Joey told me all about their day, which started with them having breakfast together. Once they got to the farm, he took Will around to all the different animals. Will even got to feed them! How fun is that! Later, they went on a hay ride and Will fed hay to the "moo-cows". Will LOVES moo-cows (especially the one that walks around at Chick-fil-A).

After hearing all about their day, I started really missing my little man. It was about 4pm and time for Will to wake from his afternoon nap. The first thing Will said when I woke him was "I want my birf-day cake". Joey just laughed, he knew Will would ask for the cake...because he had promised it to him...after his nap.

Joey, I know you will get to experience many more "firsts" with Will. And I can't wait to hear all about them!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

You were in Lakeland??? next time you should give me and denise a call. neither one of us actually live IN lakeland but are still real close and would love to see you! i'm so glad Will and Joey had good father/son fun at the farm...Will is SO CUTE!!!

Jeanne said...

Sounds like your boys had a good day! You're such a sweet mama! :) Love you

Cyndi said...

AWWWWW...it makes me so happy to see how happy you, joey, and will are. i smile thinking of the fun joey and will had together. you are a good wife, jen.

Deborah said...

i looked all over to be able to email you and i just haven't figured out if there is a way so i will just have to leave another comment! I would LOVE for you to visit my school. it is so precious and amazing. people/kids with disabilities are special anyway but when they are little little kids...man, they just capture your heart. You would love it! I don't teach though...i am the finance/hr person but i get to pop my head into the classrooms whenever i want. anyway...just wanted to tell you we would love to have you visit!