Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sandspurs


I'm sure we have "moments" with our children when we just watch them in action and say to ourselves..."God, you must really love me to have blessed me with such a precious gift". I thank God daily for Will, and I always talk to the Lord as if he were beside me. I say, "Lord, I know Will belongs to you, and that you have trusted me to raise him and be his parent...and I am so greatful. Please let me watch him grow up...I love him too much to not always have him (wiping away tears right now!) So every moment is so precious, even when the moment includes sandspurs...something so simple!

Today, when I got home from school, Will and I went outside to play. He knows that we have a few areas in our yard that has sandspurs. As many of you know, sometimes the sandspurs haven't grown to the point where they hurt when you step on them. They are real soft at first. So we talked about the difference between the ones that hurt, and the ones that don't hurt. He thought he was "so big" to hold the soft ones and mash them in his hand. He said, "mommy, those sandspurs not gonna get me". I think we plucked every sandspur from our yard...of course we then had to bring them inside. Before he went to bed, I asked if I could please throw them away. He said, "No mommy, leave them right here".

So I did :)

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

what a sweet boy....
i love what you did with the blog..it looks awesome.
i will be checking in on it everyday!
love cyndi

Jeanne said...

They grow so quickly! I'm glad you're in the moment with him...ya know!

Deborah said...

Hey Jennifer! I was on Jeanne's blog and saw yours and Cyndi's comments and was like OH MY GOSH! I haven't seen either of you in so long...and then i saw the picture of you and Cyndi and Pam...i don't think i've seen cyndi and pam since high school...that was so long ago. makes me miss those high school days...and cheerleading. how the heck are you??? i love your blog! check in on mine one day...http://thesulsonafamily.blogspot.com/
sorry for leaving a whole email in your comment section!!!

Denise said...

Hi Jennifer - I'm thinking the same exact thing Deborah wrote. The last time I saw you was when you were living in Brandon and you had on some cheetah print shoes or something. :) hee hee. I know what you mean in your blog - I look at my Parker the same way feeling so blessed by God to have him in my life. Your little man is adorable!

Denise said...

Okay - so I woke up this morning thinking what if my memory was all wrong and you didn't have cheetah print shoes. I remember Deborah and I met you for dinner and for some reason cheetah print shoes comes to mind. Maybe another woman had them on. Oops!! :)