Monday, August 18, 2008

First day for students!

I was so scared about my first day! You see, last year I had 7 students, this year I have 12! My class is larger than normal because the county combined the middle and high school special needs class into one. The result? My students range from 7th to 12th graders. This year will be much more challenging than last year, but as long as I keep myself focused, I should be fine (I typed that, then did the hail mary).

It's so difficult to have such a vast range of personalities and skills. My days will never be boring, and I will be tested daily. But I love what I do! I finally feel like I am contributing to society. I feel like I am doing my part, if that makes sense :) I will post a picture of my classroom, and a group picture of my kids soon.

(Thanks to Tropical Storm Fay, school has been canceled for tomorrow, and possibly Wednesday. So I'm excited knowing I will have all day with Will!)

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I'm so excxited for you! Are you at WHS? We're going to have to chat b/c I can't write all I want to write in this comment space! :)