Sunday, May 23, 2010

Catching Up

Well, this post will be very random. Scattered in thoughts mostly. But I wanted to share whats going on with me :)

I plan on going back to work on August 2nd, although I have no idea of the position I will be in. I applied for the Gifted Teacher position, and it's the top one on my list! I really want that position so bad! I was offered the position back when I was pregnant with Will, but for many reasons I decided to stay with SunTrust and it worked out for the best that way. I also applied for an elementary position at Lake Pan. I'm hoping to get called this upcoming week for interviews. I have spoken to Hamp and I am welcome to come back to WMHS, but he cannot tell me which position will be available for me until the 2nd week in June. He knows I have applied for other positions and supports me 100%. He really has been so great to work with! So please keep me in your prayers! Please pray (cough, cough...that I will get the Gifted position) for God's will ;)

Wes will be one year old on July 7th! That's maybe 6 or 7 weeks away! Can you believe how quickly time has passed! He is so wonderful, and we are so blessed to have him! Will is a perfect big brother and I'm just so proud of him!

Joey and I are thinking seriously about selling our house. If we invested the money to fix it the way we wanted it, then we would not even break even on selling our home. As it stands now, we would make money.

We are thinking of selling our home (if in this economy it does sell) and renting Nanny's house for maybe one or two years. Our goal is to continue living solely off Joey's pay and completely banking mine. Then in about 2 years, we would either build or buy a house that suits our family's needs. Her house is incredibly small! Only 2 bedrooms, and 1 bath...so it would be a big change and a sacrifice of space. But in the end, we would have a NICE down payment and our only debt would be our home. And it wouldn't be a bad debt because we will have put down more than 20% and could probably do a 15 year mtg on a home that we planned on living in for a long time. What do you guys think?? Has anyone ever done anything like this? Let me know your thoughts, concerns, etc. We still have to talk to Nanny's kids (Joeys mom and her two brothers) but I'm sure they would have no problem with us renting. And Joey and I have to decide if this is what we really want to do. It sounds like a good idea to us at the moment.

(Cyndi your dad doesn't know our plan just yet but I do know the three siblings are looking to rent her house out to help cover the upkeep, land taxes, etc)

I have been working with a personal trainer for about 6 weeks (I had a gold party and my income paid for the trainer!) Now my time is up and I work out on my own. My trainer really pushed me and now I feel so much better about what to do when I am on my own. I didn't lose any weight but I feel so much stronger, and more knowledgeable. I use to leave the gym with barely a little moisture on my neck (before I used a personal trainer)...but now when I leave I have to shower immediately! It's really a great feeling! I work out 3 days a week for a little over an hour each visit. I have also been doing the "couch to 5k" at the gym. Running on the treadmill is a great way to start. It gets my blood and heart pumping and I am energized to keep up the pace for the remaining hour.

Wes was dedicated on Mother's Day! That was very special for me! We had Will dedicated on Mother's Day also. :)

Well....that's all I can think of right now! My family is blessed daily, we are happy, in love, and thankful for our lives together!!!

Hope all is well with you!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Jennifer...you are so smart! I am so proud of how you lead your financial life. Heck, I am proud of how you lead your entire life! I think your idea to rent Nannie's house is a great one. The boys are still small, and would be less affected to share the room. They might even enjoy it. Also, the smaller the space, the less "stuff" you can let build up. I think it would be a win win for everyone. Dad did mention that they were thinking about renting. I say....do it! Also, I will pray you get the gifted position. Girl, that would be a good job to have! Love you...can't wait to do dinner and see the changes in you from working out. There is nothing like the high you feel leaving the gym after a good sweaty workout.

Jeanne said...

You rock lil mama! I'm so impressed with your stick-to-it-ness! You got you some will power girl! Have you heard yet about the job situation?