Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yet another random post...

Well, school is officially out as of Friday June 11th. I can't believe Wes is 11 months, and I can't believe Will starts VPK in August! Where does the time go?!

Wes has not started walking yet. He walks all around the furniture but always holds on! When we try to work with him, he immediately sits. He is such a stinker! It looks like he plans on doing things in HIS time! He is doing some talking..not too much though. He can say mama, dada, nana, and buba (I'm not sure if he actually realizes what he's sayin, lol) OH...and he growls! It's the funniest thing but can be so aggravating! I can't wait till he can actually communicate with us!

Will is such a special little boy. He amazes me with his deep love for family and friends. I've told you all before, but he tells me he loves me more times than I can count in a day. And he tells his friends he loves them too. Sadly, most of them don't reply but Will doesn't care. He just wants them to know he loves them. He really is so sweet spirited.

I have an interview tomorrow for the Gifted Teacher position...FINALLY! If I don't get the position, I truly will be fine with that. I have prayed for God's will...so if the door opens, then I know it's God's will. If the door closes, I know it's God's will. I have completely put this in HIS hands and want the position ONLY if it's meant to be.

We have not put our house up for sale yet. I think we will do so in August or September.

Oh, Will was voted "Most Athletic" is his pre-k superlatives. I was NOT surprised! You should seriously see him hit a ball, swing a club, throw a football, etc. He amazes me and Joey with his strength! Also, he JUST turned 4 and wears a size 13 shoe and sizes 5 & 6 in boys. We are completely out of the toddler section! He was actually out of the toddler section before he turned 4. Of course Joey is a proud daddy ;)

I told you this would be random.

I have a strong desire to have a very simple life. Not that my life is super glamorous, or incredibly busy. But I truly have no desire to buy "things" and collect "things". I'd love to sell everything I own that's unnecessary. Seriously! I was in nanny's house last night and it's so small! And I thought...I'd be so happy here. My house is about 1900 square feet (average size) and her house is about 1000 square feet (maybe!) and I would welcome the change! Half the things that consume our lives just sit there! We walk past our "things" but rarely do we use them! So why have them! And toys!? Our kids really don't want "things" either! Pay attention to your children...what they want is YOUR attention! Call me crazy...but I really want a simple life. I don't ever want Wii or Xbox (or whatever is popular) to keep my kids attention. I want to be outside with them, playing and making memories. To me, that's simple.

Don't get me wrong...I eventually want to build a nice home for my family. But I still want a simple life when I live in it. I don't want to live beyond my means. I don't want everything I own to be financed (and it's not now thank God!). I want us to go camping, and fishing, and hunting....and to the beach ;) What I don't want is all the latest, greatest "gadgets" and "things". Am I making sense?

I told you this would be random.

Anyway, I will keep you posted about my position.

And everything else ;)

No comments: