Thursday, November 27, 2008

West Virginia










What can I say...other than God is amazing. Just looking out the plane window...being above the clouds...the beauty of it all. Then the mountains, the snow, the trees, a wonderful friendship...I felt so blessed, I really did.

My gracious friend Sherry, drove 2 hours to Roanoke, Va. to pick me up from the airport with her 2 sick babies on board. And she wasn't feeling great herself. She did this because she is a wonderful friend. Thank you Sherry!

We didn't get to do the things she had originally planned for us...her household was battling an upper respiratory infection. I did what I could to help, but I was feeling yuck myself...pregnancy was/is kicking my butt!

But you know, I wasn't disappointed with the trip. I got to know a side of my friend that I didn't know existed. I knew her when we were in college, and the days of working at Service Merchandise in Ocala. This time, I got to know Sherry. Mother to 2wonderful boys, Logan & Nathan (only 13 months apart), Wife to Mike, a man who devotes his life to training police dogs for people all over the country. He is amazing in his work, I got to watch him train! So awesome! I learned that Sherry has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)...at least that's what I call what she has. Her house is way too clean and organized, she must have OCD, right?! I also got to know a woman who is passionate about God, her view of life, her career (Massage Therapist) and her family. She has been through alot of "stuff". But she walks with her head high...she is a good friend. You would love her if you knew her.

West Virginia is so beautiful. If I knew how to do a slide show of pics I would...so I will post a few for you to enjoy. Notice the ground is pretty dead, brown and not much life. When I left on Tuesday, there was at least 8 inches of snow on the ground...it was amazing to be there and see such a difference, literally overnight.

You should go to W.V. someday. It's a state we don't hear much about, but worth the visit. I can't wait to go back. Joey is looking forward to hunting there. Did I mention that her husbands family owns over 3000 acres of land? Joey will be in deer heaven!

Stop by Mike's site if you get a chance. http://www.loganhauskennels.com/

P.S. Don't you just love that John Denver :)

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Beautiful pictures...I want to go see snow again! Sounds like a great time with your friend!

(ps...slideshows are simple with Windows Movie Maker. If you don't have it you can download it for free on the microsoft website.)

The Russ Family said...

Glad you had a good time. My mom grew up in West Virginia until high school. We visit every once in a while. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon. At that magical 12 week mark I felt like a new woman. It is a lot different when you already have one to take care of. No more just laying down and taking a nap. :-) Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Denise said...

That's cool that you got to see a whole new side of your friend. The cloud picture is pretty darn cool. You have a good eye for pictures!

Jeanne said...

I love those pictures. West Virginia, Mountain Mama, take me home! :) I really hope you feel better soon. You've got to be excited about getting to feel that little one move here shortly....

Cyndi said...

ok...i haven't even read your blog yet, and i have to comment on the photos....WOW. they look like postcards. your in the wrong profession. (:

EB said...

So neat! I grew up right up the road from Williamsburg, WV and just returned back home after visiting my family for Thanksgiving!