Saturday, January 10, 2009

Boy or Girl?

It's late as I type this...late for me anyway. I have been super tired this pregnancy. By the time I post this, I will be 15 weeks...almost 4 months. Yet, I am still having days where I feel horrible. Although I prefer to feel great and not bad, I at least know my baby must be thriving and taking everything from me.

Everything about this pregnancy is almost exactly like my pregnancy with Will, except I can't remember feeling this bad for this long. People say this means I'm having a girl, but I don't look at it that way. My sister had 2 completely different pregnancies and both were girls. So different pregnancies does not automatically mean different sex babies.

People ask me daily if I want this to be a girl. I can honestly say that I don't have a preference. I work with disabled children on a daily basis...so all I ask God (and I ask him every night) is to please bless me with a healthy baby.

Once I do know the sex of the baby, I will pray very specific things for his/her life. I did this with Will, and God answered my prayers...all the way down to Will's dimples. It sounds silly, but God of course can do anything...so why not ask him, right?! It's so important to pray blessings on our children even before they are born...even as specific as personality traits. No prayer is silly to God.

When will I find out the sex of the baby? I thought you'd never ask! My next appt. is Monday January 19th. I will be 16 weeks and could very well find out then! I wasn't going to find out...but I have since changed my mind. That's if the baby cooperates.

I do have names picked out, and will share them with you now. Let me know what you think.

Boy- Westin (Wes) Samuel (not sure if I will spell Westin or Weston, what do you think?)

Girl-Brinley Elisabeth

Well, I hope you all have a blessed week. I'm sure you will hear from me again next Monday!

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

I like both names. LOVE Brinley. I think it depends on how you want the boy name pronounced....heavy "I" or "O". From the way you were saying it the other day, I would do Wesin if I were you. I am sooooooo glad you decided to find out, because the suspense would kill me. I think either way, you will be blessed. Boys are great to raise as brothers, and for a little sister to have a big brother is wonderful as well. (:

Cyndi said...

I meant to type Westin. sorry (:

Hannah said...

love the names! Especially your boy name! Love the Wes, and I bet you can't figure out why!! lol If it is a boy he will have big shoes to fill!! Just kidding!!!

Also, I love the name Samuel. Samuel was Hannah's amazing gift from God. Amazing that after wanting a child for so long she only had a short time with him and then weened him and then gave Samuel to Eli to serve the Lord. Amazing woman and amazing child.
I know you and Joey will also have an amazing child straight from God.

The Russ Family said...

I think it's going to be another boy. I really like both names. Westin is cute. Wes and Will. Sorry you still aren't having better days with the pregnancy sickness. It stinks when you are on your feet all day trying to teach. I'm praying you'll be over it all soon.

Deborah said...

Well, I'll say it's going to be a girl...just because you need a girl, right? :) Love the names...although i wasn't sure how to pronounce the girl's name. Short i or long i? I've never seen it before. I hope you feel better soon.

Jeanne said...

I don't think you can go wrong with either of your choices. I'm crazy about the name Brinley. I like that I've never heard it. Isn't it hard to pick names when you've taught children? I pray you feel better soon and that your little one cooperates on Monday! :)