Friday, April 17, 2009

Monthly check-up

I went to the doctor today for my monthly check-up and saw Dr. Wood. She is so great, but so quick! I was in and out of there in like 10 minutes. All is well with Mr. Wes, but for the second time I am measuring ahead of my date. Last month I measured 6 weeks ahead and had to go to Lake Medical Imaging for an accurate length and weight measurement (Wes measured just fine, right on target). This week I am measuring 3 weeks ahead. I go back in 2 weeks, so if I measure big again I will be sent back to Lake Medical Imaging (just to be sure). I am not bragging...but I've only gained 9 pounds this entire pregnancy! Woohoo! That means less to lose later! Actually I only gained 9.5 pounds with Will and he weighed 8lbs 10 oz so I have gained more with this pregnancy at this point. I don't have that philosophy most pregnant women have: (a) I'm eating for 2 (b) This is my free pass to eat what I want. I absolutely do not agree with either! Losing weight is so hard, and I don't want to have to lose a bunch once Wes arrives. Hopefully I stay on this path...but I will say, those brownies at Chick-fil-a are sooooooooo yummy! And worth every calorie!

Before I close, please be praying for us! We submitted a claim with State Farm 5 weeks ago and to this day we don't know if the claim will be covered. Our air conditioner had a bad leak that we knew nothing about until the damage was done. State Farm is sending an Engineer out on Tuesday to determine if the leak was a constant leak over time (not covered) or if this was something that happened quickly (covered). Please pray that God will be with the Engineer has he looks inside our home, and as he looks under the home (pray God shows us favor). I pray for coverage! This will cost us money that we don't have if it's not covered...as much as $10,000. And with a new baby, this is added stress that we don't need. Thank you!!!

3 comments:

The Russ Family said...

Cameron has been measuring big, but not as much as 6 weeks. I guess we just have big boys, huh? I am right with you with the weight. I do not want to have to lose a bunch of weight after pregnancy. It is too hard to lose weight. I gained 11 lbs with Drew and he weighed 9.5. I've gained 15lbs with Cameron and hopefully it won't be any more between now and the beginning of next week.

Hope you are enjoying your Spring Break!

Cyndi said...

I am glad to hear that you both checked out healthy. You know our philosophies line up, so I won't have to say how I feel about pregnancy and weight gain. The early thing kind of concerns me with the shower though. Let me know if they change your due date so that we can change it if we need to.
I'll be praying about the a/c.

Deborah said...

I can't believe you only gained 9 lbs!!! I gained 35! But I think nursing helped me get it off...it wasn't right away though. Definitely praying for the a/c thing. that really stinks!